Saturday, April 14, 2018

Movement

Movement

For the first time in many years, I look back on the year and I like what I see. Now I can say I could have done more, that's a given but I have accomplished a few things.

New Years resolutions is old school, I don't need a date to jump start my motivation, we live in a society where we can plug into motivation any day and at any... time. We fine motivation and inspiration on television, radio, magazines, newspapers, internet, place of worship, classrooms, billboards, nature, our homes, our groups and clubs, books, music, tapes, and the list goes on.

I want to know what you did to nurture your passion of writing in 2018? I'm not asking to make anyone feel bad, some of us write in our journal, some post on Facebook and blogs, some of us write encouraging emails, some write for work, most of us are writing something. Many of us have joined a writers group, gone to a writers seminar, book-signing, book fair, surf the net, gone to the library, laid the foundation for our book, spoke our writing into existence (that's a big one,) wrote part of a book, gained an idea for a book. We did something. So to you I commend you, thank you for movement. Pure and simple.

One member in my writers workshop just completed a story she had been trying to write for 35 years. She did it! Now she is excited about publishing. What was different for her? Could it simple be it was just time to do it? Not say it, do it.

I'm pressing on, excited to experience new horizons, staying true to my passion, understanding and walking in God's purpose. It's a wonderful time to tighten up, loosen up, and get up, again the word for today is movement!

Thank you, to those who have crossed our path, whether it was a like to our post, a email, a question, our writers society, a workshop, a consultation, publishing services, book refinement, writers coaching sessions. Whatever it was, perhaps we traveled to a workshop together, perhaps we talked on the phone. I say
 

Thank you for sharing the journey now it's time to give your writing the raise it deserves.
 

Deborah Bellis

No comments:

Post a Comment